Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hyderabad weekend

Jen and I were invited by Dr and Mrs Reddy to Hyderabad for the weekend. I could not imagine more gracious hosts. They showed us around the city, took us to parties and even a wedding!










First we went to Charminar in the center of the city. "Char" means four and "minar" means tower. There was a really short, narrow, winding, solid stone staircase to the top and the guide told me multiple times to watch my head. Luckily, I did not hit my head.

Next we went to Chowmahalla Palace. "Chow" also means four and "mahalla" means palace, so this was amazing grounds with four palaces, gardens, fountains and gorgeous artifacts.





The Reddy's also took us to a family wedding. A traditional Indian wedding with all the rituals and 1000 guests - yes, one thousand guests! I got this gown specially made for me and the tailor laughed because the measuring tape wasn't long enough for me!




There was a central park next to our hotel with a great walking path, open spaces for people practicing yoga and morning exercises and roaming peacocks!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks so lovely!!! I was laughing wit the tape measuring story, the result is beautiful, I love the dress... Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete