Friday, February 4, 2011

Our House

Jen and I live with a really nice family in Gokulum. Below are pictures of me in front of the house, me with Anita (our house mom) and a picture of her son Somanna at his school science fair - He's the one on the right and he and his classmate designed an automatic street lights which turn on at night time (currently India's street lights are manually turned on and off). Her daughter Impa is in my birthday picture on the last post. I don't have a picture of Ashok, the father of the family, he works in Coorg (his and Anita's hometown) and comes home on weekends.
They take really good care of us.
I wouldn't say that Jen and I are
high maintenance, we are
very quite, polite and respectful.
Buy we do wake up very early for yoga
as well as go to sleep really early. Last night
I was in bed at 6:45pm to wake up at 3:30am today. It was an early led class and i need to get up early to do my meditation and warm up my back. Which is feeling much better by the way, I am doing the whole primary series now!!
Tomorrow is Saturday so we get to sleep in.
Anita will teach us how to make traditional breakfast! Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures!!! let me know what you guys are doing later, I am always on email as I carry the blackberry, would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. This looks like an American house. I thought you were gonna go all slumdog millionaire :D (ok... I'm sure I just offended half of India..)
    2. You look like Gulliver next to your house mom
    3. Love you!
    xcxGB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really happy you look and sound so relaxed.Your pictures are different than I pictured India.I got my magazine this week. It has some great articles. Miss You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,
    I am going to Mysore this Oct.
    Seems like you got yourself above place.
    I will be staying there for a couple of months.
    Could you enlighten me on how to get in touch with the house MOM, Anita??
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete