Friday, March 11, 2011

Tina's Top Ten

My favorite things in India...

  1. Powerful Shala energy and instant-sweat warm-up
  2. Excellent courses in Sanskrit, Chanting, Painting
  3. Fresh coconut juice cut open with a machete
  4. Homemade chocolate
  5. Eating on the floor
  6. Fresh tropical fruit that melts in your mouth
  7. Indian Breakfasts (idlis, dosas, sambar, chutney..)
  8. Chai available on every corner (...most of these are about food :)
  9. Coconut oil hair massage (and other treatments which last hours)
  10. Riding a scooter
I’m going to miss you all dearly. Especially at these local prices!

Less than two weeks left. Gonna make the most of it!!




..and a few things I won't miss:

1. not being able to wear shorts and tank tops in public
2. 10.5hr time difference from my loved ones
3. dusty dirty air in my sinuses
4. waking up at 2:30am
5. having to travel for internet connection








2 comments:

  1. Hmm, very good list, we might need to talk about that coconut oil massage, please DO tell, sounds lovely and I would love to add it to Mysorepedia.com :-)

    I relate to the dust in the nostrils, fresh air is only a few weeks away! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so interesting to read your blog. I will miss reading your posts and those great pictures when you leave Mysore, but I will be happy when the two weeks are up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete